To help cope with the social distancing measures put in place in flattening the curve of COVID-19 infections, the healthcare industry had to adapt quickly to overcome it. Telehealth became a tool or medium for hospitals, clinics and doctors as one of the ways to provide the same quality of care services while minimizing the spread of the coronavirus infection. Telehealth is the use of digital information and communication technologies, such as computers and mobile devices, to deliver healthcare services to patients without the need to be in the same physical location.
Followings are among the steps on how to consult a doctor through telehealth services:
- Search your consultant.
- Choose preferred date and time for the appointment.
- Fill up your personal details.
- Complete your appointment detail by logging into your account or sign up.
- Key in your medical record and include attachments if any.
- Proceed to payment.
- Your video consultation link will be shared on appointment day.
Note: You can explore any telehealth services in Malaysia, as the appointment steps may vary among providers.
Thus, within this context, as a system analyst for the telehealth system, you are required to perform the following:
- Describe system objectives, descriptions and benefits
- Describe appropriate system development methodology
- Discuss feasibility analysis for the system
- Draw a context diagram for the system
- Draw data flow diagram level 0 for the system
- Discuss functional and non-functional requirements of the system
(1) Describe system objectives, descriptions and benefits
(2) Development methodology
Describe appropriate system development methodology,
Why did you choose this method compared to others?
(3) Discuss feasibility analysis for the system that includes: operational, technical and financial feasibility
(4) Context Diagram:
- Illustration of a complete and detailed diagram that reflect the system context
- The diagram has at least three external entities, one process and detail data flow
(5) Data Flow Diagram (Level 0):
- Illustration of a complete and detailed diagram that reflect the system function
- The diagram has at least three external entities, three processes, detail data flows and data stores
(6) Functional Requirements:
- Identification of three factors of system functional requirements
- Explanation of each factor with example of the function that relate with system context
(7) Non-Functional Requirements:
- Identification of three factors of non-functional requirements with its definition
- Explanation of each factor with example that relate with system context
1. System Objectives: The system objectives if telehealth is that when you need some kind of medical help with regards to COVID 19, the app or the website will help you connect with the doctors and then the doctors will help you take up the right medicine and ensure you are getting good food, without stepping out of your door way.
Description: Description can be nothing but the objective that is specified above. It can be used as the description for the virtual tool for health related serviecs.
Benefits: The major benefit of this tool is that, we can access clinics and doctors virtually, to get guidance, instead of going out which is the real cause of spread of Covid 19.
2. Develepment methodology:
There are two ways this tool can be developed, they are developing an application for mobile and desktop, and the other one is running a website that is live and updated 24/7.
This live method will be beneficial than others because it will give the patient accurate information about the doctors and the clinics that are available right at the moment.
3. This application can be achieved conviniently as follows:
Technical: When the live website and application work without any glitches.
Financial: When the patients are actually willing to pay for the consultanicies they get virtuall from the doctors.
6. Functional requirements are:
Doctors, Financial investment, Operational developer, workers who are working on the updatation of the application.
7. Non-functional requirements:
Non functional requirements means, they do not function, but they are needed for the project.
In this project, non-functional requirements are none.
4 and 5 are in image: