Chemical Engineering

The feed stream to a processing system consists of 40 wt% A, 25 wt% B, and 35 wt% C. This stream enters the first process unit from which two streams emerge. The overhead stream from unit one contains 60 wt% A and no C. The bottom stream from unit one (stream 3) goes to a second unit. Two streams emerge from unit 2. The top stream contains 20 wt% B and no C. The bottom stream from unit 2 contains 30 wt% A, 20 wt% B, and 50 wt% C, and leaves unit 2 at a rate of 140 kg/h. perform a dgree of freedom analysis, Draw a flow chart for this system. Determine the flow rates for streams 1 through 4. (200, 50, 150, 10 kg/h)

The feed stream to a processing system consists of 40 wt% A, 25 wt% B, and 35 wt% C. This stream enters the first process unit from which two streams emerge. The overhead stream from unit one contains 60 wt% A and no C. The bottom stream from unit one (stream 3) goes to a …

The feed stream to a processing system consists of 40 wt% A, 25 wt% B, and 35 wt% C. This stream enters the first process unit from which two streams emerge. The overhead stream from unit one contains 60 wt% A and no C. The bottom stream from unit one (stream 3) goes to a second unit. Two streams emerge from unit 2. The top stream contains 20 wt% B and no C. The bottom stream from unit 2 contains 30 wt% A, 20 wt% B, and 50 wt% C, and leaves unit 2 at a rate of 140 kg/h. perform a dgree of freedom analysis, Draw a flow chart for this system. Determine the flow rates for streams 1 through 4. (200, 50, 150, 10 kg/h) Read More »

Question 1 (20 pt.s) A cylindrical tank having a diameter of 3 Om contains liquid toluene (C6H5CH3) at 31.8°C. At this temperature, the vapour pressure of toluene is 0 0526 atm When this open tank is exposed to an air stream at atmospheric pressure, diffusion may be assumed to occur from the liquid phase into the vapour phase through a film 10 mm think above the liquid The diffusion coefficient of toluene in air at 0°C is 7530 x 10 m/s estimate the rate of loss of toluene in kg/day 3) A cylindrical tank having a diameter of 3.0 m contains liquid toluene (C6H5CH3) at 31.8°C. At this temperature the vapour pressure of toluene is 0.0526 atm. When this open tank is exposed to an air stream at atmospheric pressure, diffusion may be assumed to occur from the liquid phase into the vapour phase through a film 1.0 mm thick above the liquid. The diffusion coefficient of toluene in air at 0°C is 7.530 x 10m/s. Estimate the rate of loss of toluene in kg/day.

the tempreture pf air is 0 c EXPERT ANSWER

pure formaldehyde gas (CH2O) is burned completely in air, using 50% excess air. a. What should be the Orsat analysis of the combustion gas? b. What should be the Orsat analysis of the combustion gas if instead of excess air, only enough were used to burn all the hydrogen to water, 25% of the carbon to CO2 and the remaining 75% to CO, the combustion being conducted that no oxygen gas whatever is left remaining in the combustion products

pure formaldehyde gas (CH2O) is burned completely in air, using 50% excess air.a. What should be the Orsat analysis of the combustion gas?b. What should be the Orsat analysis of the combustion gas if instead of excess air,only enough were used to burn all the hydrogen to water, 25% of the carbon to CO2and the …

pure formaldehyde gas (CH2O) is burned completely in air, using 50% excess air. a. What should be the Orsat analysis of the combustion gas? b. What should be the Orsat analysis of the combustion gas if instead of excess air, only enough were used to burn all the hydrogen to water, 25% of the carbon to CO2 and the remaining 75% to CO, the combustion being conducted that no oxygen gas whatever is left remaining in the combustion products Read More »